What is a Secured Visa Card?
A secured credit card is a product in which the security deposit you provide is equal to your credit limit. You are required to make regular monthly payments over and above the security deposit because this is not a “prepaid” card.
How the Secured Visa Credit Works
The Home Trust Secured Visa Card is a credit card that requires a security deposit for eligibility. Your credit limit is then set at the amount of the deposit. You can put down as little as $500, or as much as $10,000.
If you decide to cancel your card, you can just pay off your outstanding balance, and you’ll get your security deposit back from Home Trust.
The application process is very simple and almost everybody is approved!
Benefits of a Home Trust Visa Credit Card
- Helps you build or re-build your credit, even if you’ve had credit difficulties in the past
- Virtually everyone is approved
- No annual fee
- Applicants who have been discharged from bankruptcy and Consumer Proposal are eligible to apply
- You will get all the benefits and convenience of carrying a Visa card
- Make purchases online or over the phone
- Access cash anytime, anywhere
Do I qualify for a secured credit card?
To be eligible for this product, the applicant must confirm they are:
- Not currently in bankruptcy;
- A permanent resident of Canada;
- Of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
This product is currently not available to residents of Quebec.
Interested in this product? There are two to choose from:
Learn More About Common Recommendations
For assistance, please call our Climb credit consultants at 1-844-500-9898